Scrapping of parts engines

Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

Re: Scrapping of parts engines

Postby thebigham » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:22 am

C425 #327 has been scrapped by the D-L.
thebigham
 
Posts: 3456
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:27 pm
Location: Arcade, NY

Re: Scrapping of parts engines

Postby nessman » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:45 pm

What's the status of 3603 now?
nessman
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:58 pm
Location: Isle of Sodor

Re: Scrapping of parts engines

Postby NS59 » Wed May 06, 2009 6:20 pm

The short nose of the #3603 is resting in the middle of the yard in Lockport,NY
NS59
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: oblivion

Re: Scrapping of parts engines

Postby ERIE 360 » Sat May 16, 2009 7:43 am

thebigham wrote:C425 #327 has been scrapped by the D-L.



Not quite... As of a couple weeks ago it was still sitting in the "parts units" line missing many components but not reduced to a pile of steel chunks. The 3603 seems to be the only one that can be considered actually scrapped at this time.
ERIE 360
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 7:38 am

Re: Scrapping of parts engines

Postby oibu » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:29 pm

NS59 wrote:The short nose of the #3603 is resting in the middle of the yard in Lockport,NY


Is this all that is left of her?
oibu
 
Posts: 710
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:36 am

Re: Scrapping of parts engines

Postby scottychaos » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:56 am

oibu wrote:
NS59 wrote:The short nose of the #3603 is resting in the middle of the yard in Lockport,NY


Is this all that is left of her?


probably..
there is no longer any sign of the unit in the Gould industrial park in Depew, where she spent her last few years..
I have a contact at GVT..I will send out an email and ask..
its 97% likely the unit is scrapped, but I will try to confirm it so we know for sure..
(interesting that the nose was kept for some reason..I will ask about that too!)

Scot
~ Scot Lawrence
Moderator: Lehigh Valley
Co-Moderator: Anthracite Railroads
Scot's railroad webpages
User avatar
scottychaos
 
Posts: 4512
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:18 am
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Scrapping of parts engines

Postby scottychaos » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:03 pm

From GVT,
3603 has been reduced to just the frame..
which is basically the same thing as fully scrapped..

the person I contacted doesn't know anything about the nose in Lockport yard..

I will remove her from the NY Alcos list..
http://gold.mylargescale.com/scottychaos/ny-alcos/

Scot
~ Scot Lawrence
Moderator: Lehigh Valley
Co-Moderator: Anthracite Railroads
Scot's railroad webpages
User avatar
scottychaos
 
Posts: 4512
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:18 am
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Scrapping of parts engines

Postby Alcophile » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:12 am

That's odd, I saw the nose there in July.
Alcophile
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:21 am

Re: Scrapping of parts engines

Postby scottychaos » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:56 am

Alcophile wrote:That's odd, I saw the nose there in July.


im sure you did!
and its probably still there..
(next time I am out that way I will swing by and take a look)

Im just saying that the particular person I talked to doesnt know anything about it..
thats all..that doesnt mean its not there! ;)

Scot
~ Scot Lawrence
Moderator: Lehigh Valley
Co-Moderator: Anthracite Railroads
Scot's railroad webpages
User avatar
scottychaos
 
Posts: 4512
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:18 am
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Scrapping of parts engines

Postby NS59 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:15 pm

As of today its still there
NS59
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: oblivion

Re: Scrapping of parts engines

Postby Farmer Joe » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:15 pm

That nose would make a nice back yard tool shed...........painted in Lehigh Valley colors. :wink:

Joe
Farmer Joe
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:54 pm
Location: Darien Ctr, NY

Re: Scrapping of parts engines

Postby thebigham » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:37 am

ERIE 360 wrote:
thebigham wrote:C425 #327 has been scrapped by the D-L.



Not quite... As of a couple weeks ago it was still sitting in the "parts units" line missing many components but not reduced to a pile of steel chunks. The 3603 seems to be the only one that can be considered actually scrapped at this time.


Here's a picture of #327 from August:

http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?200 ... 124424.jpg
thebigham
 
Posts: 3456
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:27 pm
Location: Arcade, NY

Re: Scrapping of parts engines

Postby toolmaker » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:34 pm

thebigham wrote:
ERIE 360 wrote:
thebigham wrote:C425 #327 has been scrapped by the D-L.



Not quite... As of a couple weeks ago it was still sitting in the "parts units" line missing many components but not reduced to a pile of steel chunks. The 3603 seems to be the only one that can be considered actually scrapped at this time.


Here's a picture of #327 from August:

http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?200 ... 124424.jpg


I was in the area today and can attest #327 is still there. With a prime mover in place. Possibly for off the ground storage.

-gary
-gary

“If practice makes perfect, and if nobody's perfect, why practice?"
toolmaker
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:41 pm
Location: Scranton, PA

Previous

Return to Genesee Valley Transportation Family (DLWR, FRR, MAN, DL)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests